• Hello,

I have reservation for group Y in hertz, taking the car in may from Frankfurt airport.
    The group called - bmw 3 series 3.0 cabrio, but I checked in the hertz opinions forum and I saw most of the cars in this group are volvo c70 d3.

Please advice if I'll have the chance to get bmw 325i cabrio.

• he wants to rent in may, not now....last summer season there had been more c70 than 325i in this group. only hertz employees can answer your question truely how this will behave this summer sorry

• Checker: we were told that hes going to get the rental in may.... dont be concerned bout that. machine-head: its not really possible to give you a depenable answer for your request, since u cant rent a special car but rather vehicle class. I didnt see so many bmw 3 cabrio in the fleet lately, but actually i was driving a white one, 1,5 years ago. if you would like to rent this car just follow this thread: Tatort: Stationsparkplatz, Autobahn, Parkhaus - Bilder von "erkannten" Mietwagen! maybe smbd posts a sighting and u can call the specific rental office.... but i guess this is not really an opportunity for you? to checkout your oppurtunities call the hertz office in the airport some days before your arrival and talk about this issue... maybe theyll be able to block this car for you... good luck with that

• In my opinion there are currently no convertibles in the fleet. We dont know which cars Hertz will get/order in the spring and summer. But by experience Hertz will get rather cars like the C70 than 3-series-convertibles. Have you checked other rental-companies? Sixt will probably have some nice cars during spring and summer.

• Hi,

I got a rate of 155Euro per 3 weekend days, sixt couldn't give me this rate.
    I prefer to take a car via sixt, but they became pricey compared to last year.

How can I contact the station directly via email?
    I tried to sent a mail via the hertz website, but they reply me to check the fleet on the website.

• Zitat

How can I contact the station directly via email?

Every Hertz-station should have an e-mail-adress, but i dont know the one of Frankfurt Airport. If you call the hotline (even from your country) they can tell you the e-mail-adress - it's just the question if they want to.
    If you call Hertz in Germany, every person who answers your call should be able to speak english.

Zitat

I got a rate of 155Euro per 3 weekend days, sixt couldn't give me this rate.
    I prefer to take a car via sixt, but they became pricey compared to last year.

Have you checked Europcar and Avis? But I guess, Hertz is indeed the cheapest.

• lets make it simple: there is nobody - except the fleet manager of Hertz - who can tell you now what the convertibles in may will look like this year.
    convertibles will come to the fleet most likely in beginning of april, maybe already end of march.

if you contact anyone but the flieet manager of hertz himself as of now, any answer is a guess and not reliable.

• Thanks for your answers,
    I tried to find deals at avis/europcar/sixt, but hertz was the cheapest, ofcourse I preferer bmw 3 series cabrio from Sixt, but the price....

I'll try to contact hertz again.

• In general, thers nothing to do anymore. You just have to wait, everybody else will do that. I guess, an email to Hertz wont provide an satisfactory answer. Like everybody else said, nobody knows which cars will be availabile in summer. If you do mind about a nice car, Sixt would be the best choice, although Hertz is cheaper. You have to know what you want, I would choose Sixt, they allways had the best cars during the last few years.
    Just relax and be exited ;)

• I had bad experience with sixt, before 2 years, I rent the fdmr category, I got bmw 330D which is amazing car.
    But after 1 day the engine got heated and extermly heated, I stopped the car in the middle of the road and called them, they told me to go to the nearest station and that what I did, the fuel tank was almost empty but I was worried about the damage of the car.
    Eventually they charged me for the fuel and told me it's my problem, all of my expalations was declined by them, they told me I went to replace for fun.
    I had to pay 200Euros, my friend also had bad experience with their customer service in the last september.

I know they have the best fleet, but their customer service very bad.

• Last summer I rented many times with Hertz. Often enough I was offered the Volvo C70, which I personally don't like. However I could exchange it at the Munich Airport station of Hertz to a very nice white BMW 325i convertible with manual transmission. Had a real wonderful time travelling the alps with it.

Frankfurt Airport is one of germany's biggest Hertz stations, so they will most likely have the BMW 3 convertible on stock in May as well. If you make a reservation with the group Y and make a comment "please, please only a BMW convertible" it should do the trick. Otherwise you can talk with the station manager on the day of the rental.