Part II: American needs help with Italian car rental this time!

• Greetings all:

This forum was very helpful for me last year when I traveled to Germany. I was hoping some of you might have some experience with Italian auto rentals?

I am traveling to Italy (Milan) in early March for one week. Our plan is to rent a car at Malpensa airport, spend about 4 days in the country (Bologna/Modena), and then go to Florence.

There are only two of us traveling with minimal luggage. So far, I've found SIXT to be cheapest, though I am President's Circle with Hertz, so presumably with the guaranteed upgrade the cost would be about the same. I've made two flexi tariff reservations with SIXT: 1 for EDMR (Fiat Panda or similar) and one for IDMR w/NAVI (Alfa Giulietta or similar). The IDMR is 2X the cost but I prefer to have a factory NAV system and not use a portable unit. And yes, before someone points it out, I realize that these vehicles are all standard shift, which is not a problem.

I have the following questions for the experts:

1) What types of OTHER cars might I expect to find in the Italian fleet in the EDMR and IDMR classes?
    2) Which agency has the nicest fleet in Italy?
    3) Any other suggestions or things I should know?

Thank you,
    Dan