Sixt XDAR Class

• Hi all,

I've realized this is German speaking forum but unfortunately I don't speak German. I would have to write it in English. I'm planning to visit Germany and I was looking for cars on Sixt. I saw an Audi A8 and after doing some research, I found that its class is XDAR. What type of cars are available in XDAR class other than A8 Audi? Are cars older than 1 year usually?

Is XDAR worth the money or should I go for like PDAR or LDAR? If it makes any difference, I'll be visiting Cologne at the end of June. Thanks in advance for all replies and suggestions. :)

• Usually (that might be slightly different die to the Corona aftermath) the cars are younger than a year, in theory you might end up with a BMW 7 series or (unlikely) Mercedes S-Class in short or long wheelbase.

As sidegrades aren't uncommon, you might also end up with an Audi A7, BMW M850i Gran Coupé or BMW X5 or Audi Q7. That's hard to predict

• Hey

and welcome to the forum!

You can click on XDAR in your post, then you see what is currently available. Since the new BMW 7 series doesn't run in XDAR, it will probably come down to an A8 if you book direct.

Do you know which station you want to book at yet? If Cologne airport comes into question, you can also see if you book PDAR or LDAR and then negotiate an upsell on the spot to a vehicle of your choice.

• Whitebox120 Thanks for the response. I assume it will be the Cologne airport as it is the easiest way because I'll arrive Germany by plane. I also saw a guaranteed BMW 7 series option but with extra $30 charge. I figured they wouldn't give me the new BMW 7 series in XDAR class ^^

• My advice is to make this a prepaid booking, then you already have a paid contract and you can insist on a sedan instead of an SUV or other stuff you prefer not to drive for this kind of money.

• I feel it could be clearer what car you actually want to drive. If it's a 7-series, for instance, then there might be better ways to get there. I second the suggestion of booking PDAR/LDAR, going through the parking garage before hitting the counter to see what's there, noting down any number plates of what you'd like, and then going to the counter and asking about availability (+ potentially negotiating an upsell price if you see something from X you fancy).