Convertible november München

• Hallo,

Need some help from you guys, german Experts.

Is it worth renting a convertible in early november in Munich? I know it will be cold by that time, but i checked other foruns and convertible-fans use to say it's fun put the roof down and the AC heat at maximum on a sunny cold day.

So far, i get these rates for 2 days:

Europcar PTMR (A4): 200 euros (800 km limited)

Sixt ITMR (A3, BMW 1er): 170 euros (1000 km limited) - chances on getting a ford focus or a megane worries me, though

Hertz PSAR (SLK, CLK 200): 202 euros (unlimited km) - in this group there are sports car, convertible or not

Avis (Audi TT / SLK): 218 euros (1000 km)

Any help would be very useful.

Viele Danken!

• Is it worth renting a convertible in early november in Munich? I know it will be cold by that time, but i checked other foruns and convertible-fans use to say it's fun put the roof down and the AC heat at maximum on a sunny cold day.

It might be worth it ... if it's sunny ... could also be raining or snowing for days in early november.

The MB SLK has a feature named AIRSCARF that warms your neck and allows you to put down the roof on a sunny day with very low temperatures ... but I don't know exactly if rental cars are equipped with that ;(

So far,
    greetings from Vienna

Andre

• Ich weis nicht, ob der SLK nicht Serienmäßig den Airscarf hat?! Müsste man glatt ma im Konfigurator einspielen. Bei EUROPCAR sind alle mir bis jetzt untergekommenen SLK MIT Airscarf gewesen.

Europcar SLKs are coming with AIRSCARF.

In PTMR/PTAR at EUROPCAR you can find: A4 Convertable 2.0TDI (140hp), 2.0T (200PS) an the Chrysler Sebring. The 200HP Turbo with automatik transmition might be the best choise (A4 2.0T or Audi TT). The SLK (usualy SLK 200K) with 163HP is not my favourite.

• Ich weis nicht, ob der SLK nicht Serienmäßig den Airscarf hat?! Müsste man glatt ma im Konfigurator einspielen. Bei EUROPCAR sind alle mir bis jetzt untergekommenen SLK MIT Airscarf gewesen.

Neenee ... dat kostet extra, und nicht mal so wenig :-)

• [/quote]
    It might be worth it ... if it's sunny ... could also be raining or snowing for days in early november.

In this case, a hard top (MB) would be better than a soft top (BMW / Audi)?

Ich weis nicht, ob der SLK nicht Serienmäßig den Airscarf hat?! Müsste man glatt ma im Konfigurator einspielen. Bei EUROPCAR sind alle mir bis jetzt untergekommenen SLK MIT Airscarf gewesen.

In PTMR/PTAR at EUROPCAR you can find: A4 Convertable 2.0TDI (140hp), 2.0T (200PS) an the Chrysler Sebring. The 200HP Turbo with automatik transmition might be the best choise (A4 2.0T or Audi TT). The SLK (usualy SLK 200K) with 163HP is not my favourite.

Which class does Z4 Roadster belong to? LTMR?

Danke!

• Todays soft tops are very good. There are actually no restrictions concerning thermal and acoustical comfort even during winter.

A useful information: There are no BMW Z4 Roadsters and no Mercedes CLK convertibles at Sixt this season. That's what an RA told me and i never so one of these this year in their fleet...

• Todays soft tops are very good. There are actually no restrictions concerning thermal and acoustical comfort even during winter.

A useful information: There are no BMW Z4 Roadsters and no Mercedes CLK convertibles at Sixt this season. That's what an RA told me and i never so one of these this year in their fleet...

I checked with :205: and they have only a SLK and a BMW 320 (petrol) in this group (PSAR) :thumbup: , unless they get another model for this class until november. As i said before, 200 euros for 2 days, unlimited km and CDW+TP included. Basicly, one is a 2-sitzer and ther other one is a 4-sizter cabrio. It's only me and my wife, so the passenger capacity is not a main question.

The unlimited km is a great advantage Hertz has over the other rental companies.

Considering the car-types we're talking about, the rate seems ok to me, but, as a "rookie", i'd like to hear a second opinion.

Best regards