Avis @ DUS (Group F/LDAR)

• Greetings all!
    I have booked with Avis Group F (Oberklasse / LDAR) in Dusseldorf (airport). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had any experience with Avis in Germany (in general) or at Dusseldorf Airport in regards to what cars are available in booking group F. From managing my way around this forum, with my bad German, I have managed to find Avis have MB E's, Audi A6, BMW 5er's and a few others. I was hoping to obtain an Audi or BMW as I have driven an MB E200 CGI and found it was horrible. I could only imaging the E200/E220 CDI would be just as bad. I also posted on Flyertalk.com and one did advise they rarely see any Audi's or BMW's at DUS.

I also wonder if calling the station prior to arrival would help finding out what they have available.

Thanks
    Jim
    :204:

• Welcome speedbrds,
    I rent from Avis DUS occasionally, but usually only CDAR and FDAR. My last 2 FDAR cars were a BMW 3-Series and a MB C-Class. So far I always had a good experience at DUS, but most people in this forum who rent premium cars prefer Sixt, Europcar or maybe Hertz. Avis is not particularly known for spectacular cars, aside from their Prestige Collection.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to predict what car you are going to get. You can find a list of all possible cars in the Wiki here: LDAR. Beside BMW, Audi and MB, you could also get a Volvo or a Jeep (I have seen quite a lot of Grand Cherokees from Avis in the last months).

I don't think that calling prior to your arrival will really help.If you don't like what you get you can ask for alternatives at the counter though. There's also a iOS app by Avis Germany that has a feature called "Car Choice" which supposedly allows you to select a car among all available cars, but at least for me it never worked as DUS.