OKMobility: Wie verbindlich ist 'oder ähnliches'...?

• Hallo Ihr alle:

Ich habe beim OKMobility Frankfurt Flughafen T2 ein 'Mercedes Benz C Class 220d Estate oder änliches' reserviert, für 2 Wochen, im Juni. Reservierung habe ich schon bezhalt, gute Preise und ich kann nicht Stornieren.

über Facebook hat OKMobility bestättig dass beim diese fahrkategorie, WMAP, es gibt 3 autos: MB C Klasse 220d T-Modell, Audi A4 Avant und BMW 2 Active Tourer.

Für mich ist der BMW 2 Active Tourer überhaupt nicht vergleichbar an der MB C Klasse Kombi. Der BMW ist sogar 53cm kürzer... Im OKMobility webseite steht der Active Tourer sogar unter eine andere Kategorie!

Also, meine Fragen:

-- Was soll ich tun falls ich ein Auto viel kleinerer als reserviert bekomme, und ich nicht einverstanden bin?

-- Wie verbindlich sind die daten im Reservierung? z.B., im reservierunt steht MB C Klasse 220d Estate. Soll ich ein Diesel auf jeden Fall bekommen, oder können die ein Benzin mir geben?

-- Wenn ich nicht einverstanden bin, beim abholung, was soll ich machen, wer soll ich anrufen? Polizei wird sich bestimmt nicht darüber interessiert, oder?

Vielen Dank für Ihre hilfe!

David

• David Atacama

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Ich brauche Hilfe... Wie vebindlich ist 'oder änliches'...?“ zu „Ich brauche Hilfe... Wie verbindlich ist 'oder ähnliches'...?“ geändert.
  • Generally speaking any car in that range would be similar, so an Audi A4, BMW 3 series and any c-class Mercedes (also with petrol engines) would be typical at other rental companies. The BMW 2series AT looks a bit off in comparison.

That said, the 2 series AT is very spacious in it's class.

So. 1: that's not the usual way things usually work out. However: In case you get a significantly smaller car, you could ask nicely for other alternatives, if that doesn't work, you could ask for a written confirmation that the booked class (or a bigger class) is in fact unavailable. Usually that's leads to high blood pressure behind the counter as you could then ask another rental company for a car similar to you booking and they would likely have to the price difference.

2. In FWAR and similar classes, the engine isn't fixed, so anything goes.Audi 35 TFSI as well as 55 TDI.

3. OK Mobilities Service-Center and/or the supervisor of the station would be the two contacts in the described scenario. The police would usually not do anything about those situations.

• Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Yes, I understand if there is no car in category booked, I can ask for a written confirmation. The problem is: what happens if I book an 'Audi X8 or similar' and they tell me a BMW X1 is also on the same category... That would be a scam, obviously, but what should I do if I feel the car they offer me should not belong in the category I booked?

I assume the managers in OKMobility will just confirm whatever the sales person says, therefore, will I lose all my money, and have no car for 2 weeks, or should I just take ANY car that they give me, if they say it belongs to the same car group...? :/

• I have absolutely no experience with OKMobility, however most rental companies will try out things, that make sense for them and the customer.

So a real life example from Sixt would be, that you book A8 or similar and they want to give you an X5. While that's not a good fit in my opinion (which I made very clear to Sixt, leading up to an hastely transferred Audi A8), it would not be the ultimate fail like in your A8/X1 example.

And as you said, your example could be seen (legally) as scam, if it is a gross disproportion between what's usually seen as "similar" and what's actually going on.

So, while the BMW 2 Series scenario would be probably "okay'ish", as both a c class and a BMW 2 Series are roughly(!) similar in usability, pricing and brand recognition, that would not be the case with an Opel Meriva.

As rental companies know that, I wouldn't worry too much, as you can't fall that hard and - let's not forget - most likely it works out in the first place or if it doesn't, an upgrade would follow (-> E Class/5 Series/A6).

Again, I don't know OKMobility from personal experience, but 95% of my rentals with all companies I use work out without any discussions, only very few made that discussion necessary and even then, the issue was what one would consider a first world problem (BMW X5 instead of Audi A8, Audi A7 instead of 5 series touring, A6 2liter engine instead of 3 liter engine).

So my advice: relax and enjoy preparing your trip.;)

• Try to get a VW Passat or Skoda Superb Kombi if space is priority. MB C-Klasse and BMW 3er have not much space.

(Maybe you will even pay less if it is a group under this group.)

Reservation has already been made and can't be changed, but thanks anyway!

We'll just keep our fingers crossed with this Spanish OKMobility...

• So I got the car…

However, not the car I had booked. Not even the car group!

So I had booked a WMAP.

W Luxury Elite

M Monospace

A Auto

P

S Standard

L Limousine/Sedan

A Auto

P

I specifically got in touch with OKMobility multiple times since April through email, they confirmed by email that the cars they have in Frankfurt are:

— MB C Class State 220d

Audi A4 Avant

— BMW 2 Active Tourer (which I actually already disputed over email belonging to the same car group as C Class and A4…)

Well the sales agent in Frankfurt told me at pick-up they do not have any of this cars there, ever!

So OKMobility is just flat out lying to custumers! This might be common practice in Spain, but obviously NOT in Germany.

After 13 days of complaining (an Audi Q5 SUV is not a cat suitable for elderly people to jump in and out 20 times a day!) no answer given so far: Twitter, Facebook, email…

The car I got is so useless that I am actually doing holidays with wife and parents in law with 2 cars! My father in law had enpugh of the Q5 after 3 days!

and the ‘Luxury Elite’ car they provided not even with digital AC, but with dials!

I would NEVER RECOMMEND this company!

Audi A3 Sportback or Audi Q5 Sportback to choose from, instead of a family car! 😡

• Just had a car of ok mobility at Munich airport. Received the group i booked and the car was almost new.

Inside and outside really clean and i did not regret to test ok mobility for the first time.

Try Sixt or Europcar and i am pretty sure, you will have a similar situation you just had with ok mobility.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MDRIVER-BRA ()

• This is unfortunately the way it is right now in the rental business. You book what you need and you get whatever the agent feels like. It’s not a problem exclusive to ok mobility, I’m afraid.

The only take-away from this is to never book prepaid if you can avoid it and try to stick to companies with reputable customer service.

• Just had a car of ok mobility at Munich airport. Received the group i booked and the car was almost new.

Inside and outside really clean and i did not regret to test ok mobility for the first time.

Try Sixt or Europcar and i am pretty sure, you will have a similar situation you just had with ok mobility.

but Sixt has a better fleet for sure. :210:

• First of all:
    I did a misstake fixing your tripple-Post David Atacama, thats why your posts are not here at the moment. We are going to fix that.

Beiträge von David Atacame:

But if the elder parts of your family had problems boarding an Audi Q5, what did you exactly expect from a MB C-Class or an Audi A4?

So you think a C Class or an A4 have the seats at the same height of a Q5…?

Never seen anyone climbing in or jumping out of a C Class or an A4…

Just had a car of ok mobility at Munich airport. Received the group i booked and the car was almost new.

I have tried multiple companies last 20 years, in 4 continents, never had an issue such this one, and a customer service that just do not give a f… about your complains…

Last time…

But if the elder parts of your family had problems boarding an Audi Q5, what did you exactly expect from a MB C-Class or an Audi A4?

Could not find seat height for those cars, only Ground Clearance:

MB C Class: 16.4 cm

Audi A4: 16cm

Audi Q5 Sportback: 20.8cm

(4.4 cm higher than C Class,

4.8 cm higher than A4…)

If you don’t see any difference, wait until you get to 75 years old!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think a C Class or an A4 have the seats at the same height of a Q5…?

Never seen anyone climbing in or jumping out of a C Class or an A4…

But according to that: I am 25 and can go better into a Q5 than a A4. Even the A4 allroad is "more comfortable" for me to get in. You might have the same problems all across the rental companies.

• First of all:
    I did a misstake fixing your tripple-Post David Atacama, thats why your posts are not here at the moment. We are going to fix that.

But according to that: I am 25 and can go better into a Q5 than a A4. Even the A4 allroad is "more comfortable" for me to get in. You might have the same problems all across the rental companies.

All due respect, I booked the car for my parents in law, over 75, why do you think it’s rellevant here to know what is better or worse for you, being o e third of their age?

Whatever you find better or worse is not the point here!

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• I completely agree with him on one point, the audi q5 Sportback is the most useless car on the planet. Due to the " beautiful " roof in the shape of half an egg, the headroom is miserable and the entry awkward.

On the other hand: A C-class or Audi A4 would be slightly better acc. to headroom, but the overall lower entry in combination with less legroom would not be better. All of the named cars are not ideal for this usecase.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von OpaHilde ()

• I completely agree with him on one point, the audi q5 Sportback is the most useless car on the planet. Due to the " beautiful " roof in the shape of half an egg, the headroom is miserable and the entry awkward.

On the other hand: A C-class or Audi A4 would be slightly better acc. to headroom, but the overall lower entry in combination with less legroom would not be better. All of the named cars are not ideal for this usecase.

OK, legroom and head room were never going to be an issue with my parents in law...

Their issue, that is why I booked a family car, is getting in and out...