Getting an inferior vehicle on a one-way rental

• I was reading the thread where an American wanted to take a car from Germany to Zurich, and people were saying there is no way in the world that they would let him take a car like an M3 on a one-way rental.

My experience even within the same country is that the rental location sometimes prefers to give a less desirable car eg with some damage, or quite close to its max mileage, for one-way rentals.

Is this anyone else's experience? If so, is it reasonable to avoid this by simply not telling the rental location that you are taking it back to a different place?!

Thank you

• M3 is a very Special car which kind of belongs to one rental Station only.

IT may help TO hide the oneway rental. But if you Rent there again... The station may remember.

And there are Cars from the luxury Fleet which are Not allewed TO go oneway.
    If you still do that, it will Resultat in a oneway Fee of anything between 300 and 2000€ or more

• My experience even within the same country is that the rental location sometimes prefers to give a less desirable car eg with some damage, or quite close to its max mileage, for one-way rentals.

True, they are likely to give you a car that they want to get rid off. But, this means that you might sometimes get a higher vehicle class than you booked: i.e. if you book compact, but they have a premium car that's close to max mileage, they might upgrade you to the premium car at no charge.

M3 is a different story. Have you tried entering the one-way request in the online reservation system? If the reservation request goes confirmed, I don't see how the station could then deny you the rental.