Sporty (or hothatch) car for the alps

• Hey folks, hope English is ok

I'm looking to rent a sporty car for 4-5 days in the alps for June.

Last time I took a VW Golf GTI PERFORMANCE from Avis and it was great.

Sixt seems to offer quite a lot of options but they limit the km for 250 per day which is nothing, getting from Munich to the alps is around 200km each direction.

I can take a flight to either Milan (which got 0 options) or Munich (which got tons).

I'm looking to get at least Golf R, preferably something better (M140\A35\M2\Z4M40 etc)

Any advice would be great!

(oh, looking to sepnd <150 EURs a day)

• If you make your reservation via sixt.at, you get unlimited kilometers (except if you book special cars and convertibles)

//EDIT:
    As far as I can see, the Golf R would be the only option. Why? All other cars you mentioned are special cars afaik, that means you don't get unlimited kilometers if you book them directly. Only the Golf R is not a special car (runs in category CPAR).

Another option would be booking a standard category with unlimited kilometers via sixt.at and paying an upsell at the station. This way you might get the car you want, but keep the unlimited kilometers.

• If you make your reservation via sixt.at, you will get unlimited kilometers (unless you book special cars and convertibles)

// EDIT:
    As far as I can see, the Golf R would be the only option. Why? If you book them directly. Only the Golf R is not a special car (runs in category CPAR).

Another option would be to book a standard category with unlimited kilometers via sixt.at and paying at upsell at the station. This way you might want the car, but keep the unlimited kilometers.

Good tips over all! Thanks!

I might actually go for the CPAR over Sixt.at, even tho it is risky, cause they might not have the R on spot

EDIT:

according to the wiki there is no golf R in the CPAR

• What about Audi on Demand or BMW on demand? Both are based in Munich, Audi On demand even at the MUC. Both offer sports cars you can book directly.

The only sporty car I could find in Audi was S3 Cabrio wich costs around 110 EUR a day (not a bad price)

The BMW on demand won't work for me because you can't choose the exact dates, it is either weekend or a week, also - Sixt is better by every way than BMW.

Honestly Sixt looks great except the mileage.

• Morningstar :

Go to the Europcar-Website until 28th of April (today last day!). There you choose the station: Munich North till 24h. In the field "Eingabe Contract-Nummer" put the number 52700614. For one week in June you pay 429 € (postpaid) for a guaranteed Golf R (2.100km inclusive).

P.S.: You have to register at the europcar privilege programm, to use the above mentioned contract-id.

Edit: 473 € a week for a MB C 43 AMG 4 matic+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bombutter ()

• I missed it, it wont be available again?