Avoid Hertz, especially in Namibia (4x4 camper)!1000€ additional costs.

• Entschuldigt. Ich hoffe meine negativ Erfahrung mit Hertz Namibia ist auch in Englisch ok.

Kurz für alle nicht englischsprachigen:

Hertz Namibia hat nach Rückgabe des Fahrzeugs 200€ für einen leichten (park)Schaden (rückwärts auf uns "gerollt") durch einer anderen Touristin direkt am Flughafen eingefordert was lt. Aussage des Personals dort den Schaden dann regluliert da nicht viel kaputt war. Nach weiteren 6 Monaten wenn man nichts mehr erwartet und eigentlich auf eine Rücküberweisung wartet kommt die schöne Überraschung und Sie buchen weitere 800€ ab. Dabei war ein Schadensbericht dass Scheinwerfer und Stoßstange ersetzt werden mussten und das obwohl es vor Ort hieß dass es nichts wildes ist und die Stoßstange mehrere Macken gleicher Art hatte... also wer es glaubt. Nun sind es total 1000€ für einen Schaden, der durch eine dritte Person erzeugt wurde. Es war nur ein leichter Parkschaden bei dem der front Stoßdämpfer leicht beschädigt wurde und nicht mehr. Die Drittparte und Ihr Vermieter hatte Vollkasko und den Schaden mit Sicherheit schon lange reguliert. Vor Ort wurde es mündlich bestätigt... aber was ist schon mündliches wert. Wir haben einen Vertrag unterschrieben mit Selbstbeteiligung max. 2000 Euro allerdings habe ich nach dem langen Flug scheinbar übersehen, dass die Selbstbeteiligung auch anfällt, wenn jeman anderes (Drittpartei) den Schaden verursacht. Naja es ist nun mehr als 1 Jahr her und wir haben das Geld nicht wieder gesehen nach vielen Versuchen. Hertz Deutschland über die wir gebucht haben sagt uns einfach Sie haben hier keine Verantwortung, da Sie nicht Vertragspartei sind und Hertz Namibia/Südafrika hat die Kommunikation eingestellt. Schön liebes Unternehmen Hertz, aber ihr seid verdammt nochmal die Vermittler da ich über die Hertz Hotline in Deutschland gebucht habe. Hertz als Mietwagenunternehmen hat sich für mich aus dem Grund dauerhaft durch diese Handhabung erledigt. Ich hätte wenigstens bei einem Kundenorientiertem Unternehmen erwartet, dass Sie als "Lizenzgeber" mal eingreifen.

Long story but I try to keep it short why we were charged additioanl 1000 Euro afterwards. A woman (tourist) bumped during parking into our car. We got charged from Hertz Namibia 200€ immediately after returning the car and 800€ after 6 Month when you do just expect nothing (credit card was charged and I could not stop it because they had my signature). Since more than 1 year now I still did not get any refund and Hertz Germany dosn`t give a shit!

Complete Story: We have booked a 4x4 camper for our Namibia trip through Hertz Germany (german local booking and service hotline btw!) and as we understood we booked almost all insurance for this car (Super CDW or something). Actually until then we have booked several cars in the past with Hertz and it was always „ok“ but maybe because we never had any damages on cars. Hertz sales is very helpful but after sales is a complete mess!

After arriving in Windhoek-Namibia, we were not very focused after that long flight but we had to sign the contract and they told us we did not book unlimited insurance. In case of an accident we will get charged max. 2000€ or someting. Well we were confused and pissed that they tried to rip us off because we thought that we had all in but anyway we decided to take the risk (yes we tried to discuss) and signed the stupid contact with this 2000€ limitation in case of an accident. Our first car was broken so we got after 2-3 hours another one with already one tire as a semi slick.

One day a woman (tourist) bumped in our car during parking (with like 5 km/h) and we got a slight damage on the front bumper but I have everything documented (with pics) and it was nothing crazy or special or expensive. We could not reach Hertz by phone so we did what you have to do and we stopped by the next police station together and filled out the police report and all documents which are showing that the third party is in charge to pay the damage. After returning the car we have given all this information to Hertz and surprise we had to pay even for this damage because the signed contracs says somewhere small written „you will be charged even for a damage through a third party“. Alright they have checked the car and saw that there is nothing broken except the small damage on the front bumper and they charged us 200€ immediately (which was not nice but it was ok because we have signed the contract as said). After 6 Month and several requests from me when we will get this 200€ back because the third party had all in insurance which had to pay I got charged another 800€ sent with a damage report (Front bumper/headlight was broken? Well interesting!). Now after 20 to 30 Mails and after 1 Year and 1 or 2 Month nothing happened except that I lost 1000€ for a damage which should have been paid already from the third party insurance. But as a friend has said „better have twice that money than once, Germany is far away“. I mean how do you want to reach or make them pay back the money (Hertz Namibia) if Hertz Germany doesn`t give a shit at all?! Only chance is with a lawyer what I will check next with my „legal protection insurance“.

Hertz Germany is refusing any responsibility (and help/service) in this topic and say that the contract is between me and their contractor in Namibia which I have to contact. Guess what… since 6 Month I get no feedback from Hertz Namibia/South Africa anymore. But since I have booked through their booking service from Germany they are in a special function here as someone said to me and they might can be charged as well. I try it now since 1 year and after several calls and around 20 E-Mails (Hertz Germany and Namibia) I am sick of trying it by my self so next step hast o be done as it seems.

• Hach, die Gattung des Einmalposters. Vielleicht kommt noch ein 2. und dritter Post hinzu, dann sehen wir ihn nie wieder, da Hartmut seinem Frust nun freien Lauf gelassen hat.

Die in Wut getippten Textschwälle ohne Absatz und Interpunktion (im "deutschen Teil") versucht man doch immer wieder gern zu lesen und gibt dann doch nach 5 Zeilen auf.

Aber auch das im deutschen Satzbau (basierend auf deutschen Wortkonstrukten) verfasste Englisch, dass ein "native speaker" so nie verwenden würde, weiß zu beeindrucken.

Besonderheiten hier:

1. Zweisprachig.

2. Keine drölf Ausrufezeichen im Titel.

3. Zumindest eine VK scheint vorhanden gewesen zu sein, das unterscheidet ihn von den 19-jährigen Transportermietern.