Sixt dusseldorf centrum/city

• Hello everyone!

i hope its allright to register here and write in english for you all here with my questions.

Im going to dusseldorf in sept 3-6 to rent 2 cars.
    one LDAR car

Wich is a A6/5 series/E-class 3liter engine i Believe?

but my biggest question is the XLAN

Rservation.

What car can i honestly expect to get with

That booking?

I would love to get a BMW 750i or a merc S560 S-class!

Do sixt dusseldorf have those kind of Cars?

Thank you so much, and hope the questions is okey here

best regards//Wictor Sweden

• Dear Wictor,

LDAR does not necessarily mean 3 liter engine. For example a BMW 530i is also LDAR but has only 2 liter.

My guess for a LDAR reservation at Sixt would be a sidegrade to LWAR in the form of an Audi A6 Variant 45/50 TDI.

I can not say anything about XLAN, but Sixt does have S-classes at Düsseldorf Zentrum, but I never paid attention to the exact motorization.

• Hello Wictor,

First a warm welcome:-).

To your questions:

LDAR should be A6, E-Class or 5-series. That means A6 50TDI, 530d / i (some 540), E-Class E350d, 400d and so on

Maybe there are some cases where you get a similar car, that means for example X5 3.0d or A7. Because sometimes they are out of stock of LDAR.

If you book XLAN, you can be pretty sure you will get this class. At the moment Sixt has many S560 with beautiful interior. Often they have no distronic (which is really awkward). They will have rear seat entertaiment, Massage seats (front and back) and so on.

For example, please see this thread:

Mercedes-Benz S500L | Sixt MUC

I have checked in the Sixt App, that of course Düsseldorf centrum have both classes.

Random tips:

1. Sixt will block for XLAN on your credit card 3.000€ caution PLUS the rent fee, for LDAR it should be lower

2. Check the car carefully with the sixt staff member, that means BEFORE you drive away. Every scratch / damage need to be recorded on the renting contract. So go around the car and look for them. If necessary the sixt staff member should record it.

3. Book at least also the insurance for the cars, because if you do not book, you will have no insurance for the car itself. That means when you wreck it, you will pay the entire price. So book the insurance ( you can decide the one with 4.000Euro or the one with 2700Euro for XLAN)

If you have any questions, go ahead we gonna help you.

• And one thing I forgot:

You said Sept 3-6, that means from Thursday to Sunday.

For a better price you should book from Thursday 12:00 on, NOT earlier, because than you will pay a much higher rate.

There are the cheaper rates which starts always on Thursday 12:00 and ends on Monday or Tuesday ( I am not sure).

Anyway the rates are quite low, for example S500L 3rd Sept. 12:00 to 6th Sept. 12:00 - about 225Euro + insurance.

• Thank you both for great answers!

Yes both cars i have extra insurance for both car, glas and tyres in case of some stone chip on glas or what ever.

this makes me really calm Now!

My car is Pretty important for me that i know what i get and can somewhat deside that for myself! ( is it uppgrade from that class i want to know exact models)

The engines are whats most important!

i can take cars like E63, S63, BMW 850i, 760Li instead. Im not interested in maserati, BMW x5 50D or those cars!
    Can stretch to S560 ”Hybrid”.

But now you Said they have ”plenty” S560 so That sounds good!

Thank you for all the tips on deposits and so!
    I have ”high amount” on the credit Card so im good there!

We are 8 people to seek the cars for dings and scratches ??

Once again thank you guys for helping me out!

• Wictor.carlsson

And just one more advice from me:

Yes, for me also the engine is very important. Do not expect too much from the S560. Of course the model name sound great, but for example the M760LI is on another planet compared to the S560. I drove the S560, I drove an 750i and I drove the M760LI. The S560 makes no fun against both BMWs. Of course it is fast but the BMWs feel different.

Of course at the end it depends on how much money you want to spend, but if I can choose M760LI always over S-Class (except S63AMG).