Sixt flat nonstop

• Hello Everyone,

I am sorry for the English, but I am on temp assignment here in Germany and my German is pretty much only about food (which is awesome).

I am getting a nonstop flat from Sixt, booked XDAR and pickup around Dusseldorf around June 1 or 2, no one could guarantee a model for me, I would really like to know which car will stick with me for the next few months or maybe a year but weirdly they can't.

may I ask how can I be indicated which car I would get, and normally is this a naked 7 series or E class which I wouldn't like to get (better get any 5 series then).

is it also possible to get something better than 730d, a 750 or something.

sorry for the hassle, looking forward for this.

Sincerely,

Hady

• XDAR has three cars listed:

BMW 7 Series
    Mercedes S-Class

Audi A8

XDAR is only the normal wheel base, long wheelbase is XCAN.

There is a high Diesel quote, but the 750i, S500 or S560 are also included in XDAR. Pretty much all Engines are available in XDAR, except the AMG, M or S Engines. Nobody can tell you which Car you will get.

Please check the following thread: Tatort: Stationsparkplatz, Autobahn, Parkhaus - Bilder von "erkannten" Mietwagen! for the Dusseldorf Station.

E-Class and 5 Series are a class below = LDAR.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von LunaticX6.3 ()

• Thank you LunaticX6.3 really useful info!

I am looking at normal wheelbase, good to know 750 runs there as well! I hope they run it for long term rent too!

thank you as well for the thread about the location reports! it is really incredible how everything is well reported!

• Try to get a Mercedes-Benz S400d oder S560, BMW 740d/750d or 750i.

The S500 ist not a V8 petrol engine anymore, it is now a R6 petrol engine with electric boost.

The R6 Diesel engines are also ok with higher contingent.

• Try to get a Mercedes-Benz S400d oder S560, BMW 740d/750d or 750i.

The S500 ist not a V8 petrol engine anymore, it is now a R6 petrol engine with electric boost.

The R6 Diesel engines are also ok with higher contingent.

Thank you for the advise, I am just worried that due to it's long term (6month) they won't offer something appealing.

does the S560 better than BMW 750d in terms of equipment at Sixt ?

• In terms of equipmenti consider BMW as best.

But S Class is an S Class....i probably would pick the 7 Series for long time rent vs the S Class.

Most of the s classes are without distance cruise control for long.

I bet they wont let you choose what you get.

• Hady I had recently a 750i from Sixt for the weekend and I would say that it had nice extras and equipment, unfortunately without the M - Sport Package. Here you can see my post with the pictures from it. Post with 750i Just scroll down a bit :)

I would recommend to send an E-Mail to the station that you have booked .

Just checked your post, it is pretty cool, I hope i will get something similar, tbh I think a 750 without M package is more attractive, or at least where I come from.

I have sent them a mail, but unfortunately communications goes against the wall when anything is in English *blaming my online german courses* :D

power wise the 750 pulls great, but I think it eats 95/98 like a bull too?

But S Class is an S Class....i probably would pick the 7 Series for long time rent vs the S Class.

Good to know! thanks Jonas, my previous car (company car E200) had the ACC and lane keep assist, I don't think ANY car should come without them, it is the best feature I have ever had in a car (beside the airbag XD)

Hady I had recently a 750i from Sixt for the weekend and I would say that it had nice extras and equipment, unfortunately without the M - Sport Package. Here you can see my post with the pictures from it. Post with 750i Just scroll down a bit :)

I would recommend to send an E-Mail to the station that you have booked .

may I ask guys, the station I am renting from has an M550d touring, is this an XDAR car? for example where I used to live this is more expensive than a 750 thus a bit less appealing, what about in Germany, is it better than a 750? power wise and capacity I think so, also consumption as diesel in EU is much cheaper, but what would you choose?

• A M550 runs as a luxury/ sports car and it’s typically more expensive than a regular XDAR booking. But I highly doubt they will hand it over for a long-term flat customer.

Regarding your inquiry to the station. I would suggest to write an English request and translate it in DeepL. It’s fairly ok and will reduce the obstacles for the staff to reply

• A M550 runs as a luxury/ sports car and it’s typically more expensive than a regular XDAR booking. But I highly doubt they will hand it over for a long-term flat customer.

Regarding your inquiry to the station. I would suggest to write an English request and translate it in DeepL. It’s fairly ok and will reduce the obstacles for the staff to reply

true, thought so!

thanks for the advice, I have sent a German translated mail to dt177@sixt.com (Sixt dussuledorf Zentrum/HBF)

I haven't done so before because I don't know the quality of translation and wouldn't like to be impolite in German, let's hope all will go well.

• Typically, nobody in Germany will complain if you just mention that you are a non-native speaker. But generally just be adviced, that its hardly not possible to fulfill special wishes. Given your rental period, you probably have to exchange the received car for at least one time anyways.

• Just checked your post, it is pretty cool, I hope i will get something similar, tbh I think a 750 without M package is more attractive, or at least where I come from.

I have sent them a mail, but unfortunately communications goes against the wall when anything is in English *blaming my online german courses* :D

power wise the 750 pulls great, but I think it eats 95/98 like a bull too?

it pulls great from 0-100 for 4.0 secs (better than the M5 from previous generation) with 530hp. But for a long - term decision I would personally prefer a Diesel Version of the 7 Series of BMW. The consumption which I experienced was 11.5l/100, but driving 160 kmh in Cruise Control on the highway and on the limited areas with 120 in Eco Pro mode, otherwise It gets very easily to 18-19l/100 when you want to get some fun and also with city traffic.

• Typically, nobody in Germany will complain if you just mention that you are a non-native speaker. But generally just be adviced, that its hardly not possible to fulfill special wishes. Given your rental period, you probably have to exchange the received car for at least one time anyways.

Thank you! no special wishes for sure not going to ask for Massage seats and reject a car that doesn't have them especially in this tough times., just would be nice to not get a naked S series or 730d,

• it pulls great from 0-100 for 4.0 secs (better than the M5 from previous generation) with 530hp. But for a long - term decision I would personally prefer a Diesel Version of the 7 Series of BMW. The consumption which I experienced was 11.5l/100, but driving 160 kmh in Cruise Control on the highway and on the limited areas with 120 in Eco Pro mode, otherwise It gets very easily to 18-19l/100 when you want to get some fun and also with city traffic.

totally agree, the 730d xdrive I think is something worth looking for in terms of long terms and distance. 19l per 100 might match the car price ^^

• My experience has shown that with xDrive the fuel consumption is with 1.0-1.5 l/100 higher. I personally prefer without 4x4 system.

thats good to know, but I think a 730 will be very weak without it due to its huge weight

may I ask I saw some posts about people checking the sixt app for the station they are picking up from to see which cars they have, is that true in Germany ?

• Yes, 30 min before pickup, but for the stations which are equipped with Fastlane Function and Fastlane cars. But this Fastlane Funktion doesn't work with long - term rentals or with Prepaid Reservations

oh too bad, I guess I will just have to wait and get a surprise that will stick with me for few months!

thanks a lot dude! you are a hero.